Diagnostic & Public Health Labs
Biorisk Management & Training Programs for Labs in the Washington DC & Baltimore MD Area
It’s a fact—Diagnostic and Public Health Labs live or die by certification, specifically your CLIA and CAP certifications. Without CLIA certification, Medicare or Medicaid simply will not pay for lab diagnostic fees. Failure to earn and maintain your certification will greatly diminish the ability to collect for services, resulting in loss of business and, ultimately, the very real possibility of your facility’s closure.
If you have a BSL-3 laboratory you surely don’t want a Select Agent Program inspector to identify a violation, much less end up on their performance improvement plan, receive a fine from the Office of the Inspector General or risk closure of your facility.
To preempt an incident that leads to de-certification, your lab needs to implement a long-range, ongoing program that:
- Ensures proper practices and necessary certifications
- Identifies all the biological risks with a thorough, comprehensive laboratory audit process.
- Includes a scheduled, recurring training program specifically tailored to address your specific needs and risks.
- Provides an intensive new-hire training curriculum to ensure new employees are rapidly integrated into the company’s culture, get off to a solid start and don’t introduce bad habits and poor technique into your workplace.
- Mandates ongoing monitoring and evaluation of safety performance.
Is Your Lab Protected With….?
- …a Biorisk Management Program to address all necessary policy statements, program plans and standard operating procedures ensuring biological risks are eliminated or minimized?
- …training programs and new hire initiations that minimize the risk of preventing new employees from introducing their bad habits within your organization?
- …detailed Standard Operating Procedures?
If you’ve answered “No” to even one of these questions, the future of your facility and lab are at risk.