Why Laboratory & Lab Equipment Sterilization is Important
Expert Sterilization Services in the Washington DC & Baltimore Areas
At Inspirion Biosciences, our mission is “to protect the advancement of science, safety, and security of researchers and the health of surrounding communities through integrated solutions in risk strategy.” Our goal is to reduce your overall exposure to any contaminants; one way we achieve your protection is through sterilization services. There are numerous reasons Laboratories & Lab Equipment should stay properly sterilized such as:
- Protecting the safety of laboratory staff to avoid them becoming unintentionally infected.
- Preventing product or sample contamination, which could potentially call into question the validity of your work.
- Protecting the maintenance staff who service the laboratory space, the equipment in the lab, and the associated infrastructure (HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
To ensure your laboratory and lab equipment is completely free of contaminants, the best method is sterilization. Sterilization has a 100% kill rate and inactivates ALL microorganisms, including viruses, bacteria, fungi, and spores. Our team at Inspirion Biosciences uses chlorine dioxide gas to sterilize lab equipment and other valuable items.
Learn more about our laboratory and lab equipment sterilization services in the Washington DC and Baltimore, MD areas by contacting Inspirion Biosciences online.
Laboratory & Lab Equipment Areas We Sterilize
In addition to properly sterilizing laboratory room(s), Inspirion’s process of sterilization covers the following items during a routine service: benchtop, floor-mounted and capital equipment. Benchtop and floor-mounted equipment should be disinfected by laboratory staff on a regularly recurring basis (daily or weekly, depending upon use). This same equipment should be thoroughly disinfected before equipment is removed from the laboratory or opened up for service by maintenance staff.
- Benchtop includes:
- Plate readers
- Incubators (air and liquid)
- Microfuges and clinical centrifuges
- Floor-mounted includes:
- Capital equipment includes:
- Ventilated work surfaces (such as Biological Safety Cabinets (BSC) and Chemical Fume Hoods)
- HVAC systems and associated HEPA filters
- Capital equipment should be disinfected before servicing.
Sterilization: The Highest Form of Disinfection
Factors that can affect the efficiency of lab equipment sterilization:
- Prior cleaning
- Amounts of organic or inorganic materials present
- Type and level of microbial contamination
- Concentration and exposure time
- Physical nature of objects (i.e., crevices, hinges)
Our team at Inspirion Biosciences takes these issues into consideration when disinfecting and sterilizing your lab equipment in the DC and Baltimore areas.
Methods of Laboratory & Lab Equipment Sterilization
At Inspirion Biosciences, one of our methods of sterilization is chlorine dioxide gas.
What is chlorine dioxide gas?
Chlorine dioxide gas is registered as a sterilant with the U.S. EPA, meaning it can “eliminate or destroy” microbes such as fungi, viruses, and bacteria, as well as spores. Chlorine dioxide gas has specifically proven effective against coronaviruses. ALL disease-causing organisms tested to date have been killed by chlorine dioxide gas.
Benefits of utilizing pure chlorine dioxide gas include:
- At room temperature, chlorine dioxide gas is a pure gas (not a vapor) and, therefore, provides exceptional distribution and penetration.
- Chlorine dioxide gas can penetrate into cracks and crevices, meaning that disease-causing organisms lodged there will not survive.
- Chlorine dioxide gas molecules are smaller than microorganisms, so the gas will reach all the places microorganisms can reach.
- Chlorine dioxide gas is safe on electronics, stainless steel, galvanized metals, anodized aluminum, painted/coated metals, plastics, and epoxy paints/coatings.
- Chlorine dioxide gas leaves no residue (either wet or dry) on any surface following treatment.
- Chlorine dioxide is not classified as a carcinogen by any health agency.
- Chlorine dioxide has been used to disinfect domestic drinking water since 1912 and is currently used in food production and manufacturing processes.
For lab health and safety, our team uses chlorine dioxide gas to keep your lab equipment disinfected. To learn more about our methods of lab equipment sterilization, contact Inspirion Biosciences online.
Why You Should Hire an Expert to Sterilize Your Laboratory
It’s important to hire an expert like Inspirion Biosciences to sterilize your laboratory and lab equipment in the Washington DC and Baltimore, MD areas.
Traditional disinfection and cleaning methods have the following limitations:
- Improper training for personnel
- Improper/ineffective disinfectants are commonly used
- Failure to allow for sufficient contact time
- Inability to reach all places (i.e., cracks, crevices, hinges)
With the experts at Inspirion Biosciences, you will receive excellent services and personnel. When it comes to your health and safety, we work hard to keep your lab equipment and space completely sterilized.
Who Would Benefit from Laboratory & Lab Equipment Sterilization Services?
Those that would benefit from this service, include but are not limited to: Any organization/entity with a risk to employee OR public health and safety.
Contact us for laboratory equipment sterilization services in the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD area. Inspirion Biosciences looks forward to working with you to keep your space clean and safe.