Laboratory Commissioning Services in DC, MD, PA & NC
From permits and licensure to regulatory review and inspection, a lot goes into commissioning a new laboratory. Inspirion Biosciences is your partner in new lab opening in Baltimore, Washington, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania. Our services include:
We provide laboratory commissioning services spanning the entire laboratory life cycle, from design through to operation. Our services ensure containment protocols adhere to the original design intent and minimize your risk of deviation.
To learn more, contact us at (301) 304-8191 or via our Contact page.
BSL-2 Commissioning Services
Our services in support of BSL-2 laboratory commissioning center on preparation for BSL-2 certification – everything from facility design requirements and laboratory practices to containment and safety equipment.
- Develop or update the lab’s biosafety manual
- Review laboratory facilities prior to an inspection
- Review plans to renovate an existing laboratory or build a new facility
- Prepare stakeholders for a BSL-2 inspection or internal audit
- Consult on remediation of deficiencies from BSL-2 inspection
- Assist with Biosafety Level 2 Plus (BSL-2+) implementation
BSL-3 Testing & Certification Services
Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3/ABSL-3) laboratories for animals and research are among the most difficult containment facilities to design and operate. Inspirion Biosciences aids lab operators with lab certification services – we handle the complexity of certification, from facility design review to performance verification testing, so you can focus on the science.
- Review all safety features and processes associated with the laboratory
- Document requirements for engineering controls, personal protective equipment, facility integrity, and administrative controls
- Review facility owner’s project requirements and risk assessment
- Consult on adherence to documentation and record retention requirements
- Provide oversight of construction and installation of decontamination systems for waste and other potentially infectious materials
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Verify proper procedures are in place to mitigate environmental and personnel contamination
By partnering with Inspirion Biosciences, you get peace of mind that the risks associated with laboratory operations and the use of biohazardous materials have been mitigated before they even arise. For BSL-3 testing and certification services in Baltimore, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania, choose Inspirion Biosciences.
BSL-3 Facility Annual Testing Services
With annual BSL-3 facility testing becomes a single-vendor solution. We are your certified commissioning professionals. Our BSL-3 testing and performance verification services may include:
- Primary containment certification
- Verification of HVAC components consistency with design
- Evaluation of HVAC component suitability for use
- Room integrity verification
- Performance verification of HVAC systems
- Oversight of decontamination of BSL-3 equipment
BSL-4 Lab Commissioning Services
Inspirion Biosciences provides certification services to facilities that study infectious agents or toxins that pose a high risk of aerosol-transmitted laboratory infections, commonly known as BSL-4 laboratories.
- Contamination control testing & certification
- Evaluation and operational confirmation for BSL-4 laboratories
- Review of drawings and specifications during laboratory design
- Compliance review for specifications set forth by the CDC-NIH Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) and the ARS Facilities Design Standards 242.1-ARS.
We support both cabinet laboratories and suit laboratories, assisting operators with testing and certification of laboratory practices, safety equipment, and facility design and construction.
The Inspirion Biosciences Advantage
Inspirion Biosciences specializes in risk strategy for the life sciences sector. We provide critical biorisk management solutions to identify and solve safety and security risks at each step in the laboratory life cycle before they arise, from startup to decommissioning.
- We are scientists, veterinarians, safety professionals, engineers and project managers who are passionate about what we do.
- We possess advanced degrees (DVM, Ph.D., MPH, MS) in the biological sciences (microbiology, biochemistry, bacteriology, etc.)
- We have professional certifications in biological safety, microbiology and security.
- We have direct work experience with especially dangerous pathogens and select agents in BSL-2 thru BSL-4 laboratories.
- We have managed research, diagnostic, and production laboratories for academic institutions, the federal/state government, and the commercial sector.
Our scientific backgrounds and experiences uniquely qualify us to fulfill our calling: We are scientists who help scientists work safely.